Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fun Facts

Luke had his 2 year check-up today. He weighed 27 pounds (50th percentile) and was 33 inches tall (25th percentile). His head was in the 90th percentile! As a comparison, at Jacob's 2 year check-up, he was 28 pounds and 35 inches tall. Two inches taller, wow!

Luke currently has a cold with a cough and has now for about a week. We've been doing the routine breathing treatments to help him from wheezing. Which is a beating, I might add! We found out today that he has a ear infection in his left ear! Poor guy. The strange thing is he has not shown any symptoms of an ear infection, no fever, no irritability, sleeping fine. I'm sure it was just a matter of days before he started feeling bad. I'm just glad we caught it soon. This is his first one of the season. This time last year he had already had about 3 ear infections. So, I'm thankful this winter has been a lot easier...so far!

Luke is progressing right on track. His doctor was thrilled with his word progression and all that he was doing. He can recognize most colors. If I ask him which one is red, blue, green etc he can point it out. He can recognize some letters and make some letter sounds. Thanks to Leap Frog Letter Factory which he loves to watch. He can point out several shapes when asked...circle, square, triangle, rectangle, star.

He also LOVES to do puzzles. He has worked his way up to the puzzle that doesn't have the individual holes for the pieces. Where it's just one picture and not divided. And he gets so excited when he finishes it. His Uncle Brian made him a wooden puzzle in the shape of a dog for his birthday. Combining two of his favorites, dogs and puzzles! Thanks again Uncle Brian! (didn't get a picture of this one)



Jacob and Luke like to put on their "Super Why" gear and play. Super Why is a show on PBS. It's all about words, sounding out words and learning to read. It's great. The costume is from the main character. Jacob got his for Christmas and I quickly realized we needed another one. There was high demand for this toy. So, Luke got his for his birthday!


Showing off their capes


The most recent activity is to get all the pillows from around the house and build them their very own house. They love it. Now, keeping Luke from accidentally knocking over the "walls" can be quite a task. We just rebuild...a lot! :)


Decided to take a little TV break

6 comments:

  1. Katherine, I hope little Luke is feeling much better soon! They are just growing up so fast! I have to tell you, the second photo of them with their capes on and Luke looking back over his shoulder just made me laugh out loud it is sooooo cute! That look! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! Both boys are! Brian really enjoyed making that puzzle for him :) Hope Luke feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading all about Luke's updates! I just don't get how it goes by so fast, though. I think my favorite is the pillow houses, so so cute!! There is nothing more fun for boys that constructing things and building forts. And it's awesome that you just let them go for it and explore their creative side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Lukie is doing so much these days! I need to start teaching Jackson his colors and sounds!!! I always hear about what he's doing and then I panic that I haven't even been trying to teach him any of that! I'm so glad he's doing so well. I have no doubt that his big brother has taught him a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Super Why guys! Luke should model that cape and mask professionally because he's got the look as he turns his head to look back over his shoulder.

    Pillow forts are the best. I'm already envisioning lots of forts made from moving boxes pretty soon. All with walls that can't be knocked down. =)

    I look at these pictures, and it looks like Jacob and Luke are just the best of friends, and that makes my heart smile. I think it's precious how they enjoy playing together. So, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, they are just too cute. So fun they play together and use their little imaginations! Soon it will be forts in the woods like it was when we were growing up! :)

    ReplyDelete