Saturday, March 12, 2011

Around here

We've not been up to too much new around here. Just chugging away with our routine and activities. In addition to soccer, Jacob has started practicing for baseball this week. The two seasons will overlap for about a month so we will just balance and juggle the games and practices as we can. Jacob has been LOVING soccer and he enjoyed playing Tball so much last year so we thought we would give him the opportunity to play both. I figure once Luke and Sarah are involved as well, we will have to limit one activity per child so we'll take advantage while we can now! We signed him up for coach pitch baseball. They get 3 throws from the coach and if they don't hit those balls they then bring out the tee and they can hit it from there. Sounds like the perfect combination to me! His first game is at the end of the month so stay tuned for pictures from the mighty Coyotes.

Luke has been LOVING his gymnastics class. Luckily no more bribing has been involved as he happily joins his class. He is loving his coach and gets so excited to see her. She's not the friendliest of coaches in my opinion but Luke has taken really well to her. He also is talking so much these days. He has started calling Jacob by name in place of Bubba. And he has been calling Sarah by name in place of Baby! His new favorite word is 'except'. It seems he starts every sentence with it. Sweet boy!

Sweet Sarah is doing great. At seven months she has 4 teeth. She just got the top front two and we are praying for a little break before she starts on the next set! Baby girl sure seems to feel the pain from all this teething, poor thing! She is sitting up so well and loves sitting and playing with her toys. She is eating like a champ. Some of her favorites are sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, apples, avocados, bananas, prunes, peaches and her newest food is baby yogurt. So far so good on the eating front.

Sarah loves being able to sit in the front of the shopping carts. She is one busy girl I must add. She loves discarding her toys over the side of the cart when she is done with them. Makes for a lot of up and down for mommy! But hey, as long as she isn't fussing, we are all happy!


Gotta love the double cart at Sam's. Although all she could focus on was getting Luke's DVD player in her hands.


Sweet girl!


Jacob got an ant farm for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa. He has been loving watching them build their tunnels.


Sarah LOVES looking in the mirror. She gets the biggest smile when she sees her reflection.




Always gotta get a picture with Grandpa when I see him. Love him dearly! He was in a car accident back in January and is still recovering from his second hip replacement surgery. He is doing great though and continues to live life to it's fullest!

6 comments:

  1. Such sweet stories....I love the picture of Sarah discovering her reflection in the mirror! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your pictures. Sarah is doing great in her shopping cart. I need to get our my cover and try it out with Ryan! And the picture of you and your grandpa is great. I know how much he means to you. Sounds like the boys and their activities are keeping you very busy. It will probably just speed up as they get older. I know it's lots of fun watching them do their activities.

    Glad you guys got to come over yesterday. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pictures are great, Katherine. But, my favorite is the one of you with your grandpa. I know you delight his soul!!

    Jacob is just looking like such a Big Boy! Love that Luke is enjoying his gymnastics! And, that little Sarah is too sweet for words. You guys make one special family. Special I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandpa is the sweetest! And he never ceases to amaze me with all he does to stay busy. He really is an inspiration.

    Sarah must take after him with all she's doing to keep busy these days, too. Ha! And, yes, girl. I know what you mean about anything to keep them from fussing while you're at the grocery store. I'd bend over 100 times to pick something up if it meant keeping Alex content.

    Luke is getting so big, graduating from Bubba to Jacob and Baby to Sarah. =) And Jacob, we'll he's staying busy, too, with all of his activities. I can't wait to see if he likes coaches pitch as much as he's enjoying soccer. Bring on the pics of the Coyotes! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, love the pic of you and GP! Sarah is so cute with her little reflection! I don't blame her for liking what she sees in that reflection - she is a cutie!! :)

    fun with the ant farm too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing what you guys have been up to! It really helps me not feel so far away because I just miss you so much!! We need to start planning a trip to see you guys again this summer. Connor still talks about how much fun he has with his buddy Jacob!

    Good for you for getting Jacob in both soccer and baseball. That is going to be so great for him. I have to admit, we do 1 sport in spring and 1 in fall right now and it's already too much for me! I guess I better get used to all that because this is the age where they really start getting involved in lots of activities, which is good for them. I can't wait to hear about the Coyotes!

    And as usual, I am loving all the pics of your 3 sweeties. Is it my imagination or does Sarah have a bit of a red tint in her hair? She is just getting so big!

    Miss and love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete