Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Santa Picture

One of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season is to make a trip to the mall and get the kids picture with Santa. I frame each year's picture and put them out during Christmas.  We went one day after Jacob and Luke were out of school and walked right up to Santa. No line! However we all know the best laid plans don't always pan out with the little ones.

Sarah walked right up, gave Santa a hug and a high five. However, once they put her up on his lap and I took a few steps back, the tears began. And they didn't stop. Soooo, we walked around for a few minutes and she calmed down. We thought we'd try again so we got back in line. This time behind two other families. Still, not bad. As we got closer to Santa, Sarah wouldn't let me put her down. Soooo, the next plan was to head up to the food court and have dinner. We enjoyed a Chick-fil-a dinner and then decided to get the kids a cookie to use as a bribery tool for later.  Oh the things we'll do for a smile! Anyone with me here??  :)

We all head back down to Santa. This time the line is about a thirty minute wait and it's now 6:30. We got there at 4:30.  When our turn was up, Sarah started acting scared and crying again. Oy! Thankfully, once we handed her the cookie she was ALL smiles! She didn't even take a bite of it. She just held it and she was happy! Turns out, this picture is one of my favorites so it was worth the 2.5 hour ordeal...on a school night!!!

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2006

2005

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I think that makes me teary looking back at how they all change so much each year. :*) So glad yall got a good pic this year after all those tries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious memories! Time goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I completely relate to the "things we'll do" for pictures, and you definitely worked HARD for that one! The outcome was worth it, though! Great pic! And I just love looking at all the previous Santa pics. I still think the one of Jacob screaming is my favorite, ha! (And you KNOW I have a similar one, right?! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That two and a half hours was certainly worth the wait! You got a good one, girl! You are the best at the "look back" pics! Makes me smile every. single. time. you do one! I love it! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that your New Year is off to a great start. Love and hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete