Monday, March 15, 2010

Work in Progress

Well, we closed on the house in Prosper last Friday! Yea! We closed at 9am and the paint crew were at the house by 1:00 getting started. They seemed very eager to get going. The house is a wreck now! It makes me SO thankful we have these 2 weeks to get all of this work done. I can't imagine living in the house while this was all being done, especially with 2 small kids. It's so hard to imagine that in 2 short weeks it will be ready for us to move into. There is a lot of work to do before now and then but they should be done with the paint by Wednesday. So I'll have some new pictures later in the week. Until then, here is the house now...what a mess!





Master bath, wallpaper gone and ready for the texture


Half Bath, wallpaper gone and ready for the texture


Jack and Jill bath


My Mom and I worked in the kitchen over the weekend cleaning out cabinets and laying shelf paper. Thanks again Mom for your help! :) The cabinets were disgusting!!! You can tell they weren't cleaned often. The cabinets under the island were do dirty, I had to buy some rubber gloves to wear while cleaning!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Katherine! Good bones! It always gets worse before it gets better... and this is going to get GOOOOOD I can tell! Looking forward to seeing the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting girl! It's all coming together and I know it will look great when it's all finished! It will be move in time before you know it!

    I love all the cabinets on th kitchen island too - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, girl. I'm having nightmare flashbacks. I remember these days!! But in just two short weeks, you are going to have a house that will soon become home to your sweet, growing family. I can't wait to see it - in your pics later this week and in person! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!

    Just out of curiosity, what paint colors did you pick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I have been there too and I definitely feel your pain! We went through that with our past 2 houses...what a nightmare, and especially with the small kiddos! But Amanda is right, it will soon become your home with just the right touches to make it be your own. I can't wait for the "after" photos and to see it in person one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it tomorrow and I can't wait to see the finished product. I am SO glad you had these weeks to get all of this done. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete