...but somebody has gotta do it. Parenthood, that is!
Here are the Top 10 reasons why I find myself thinking this is one "dirty" job...
1. We go to the movies and load up on popcorn, candy and of course a Diet Coke for me. Which inadvertently gets knocked out of the cup holder and into my lap and all over my khaki pants. All within the first 5 minutes of the movie.
2. Upon the kids finishing their suckers in the car, they ask you to take their left over sucker sticks. I reach my hand back to get them and they get placed in my hand, sticky side first. EVERY time!
3. While I'm putting the kids in the car, I see dried up boogers that have been wiped on Sarah's car seat, Luke's car seat and Jacob's of course. Just ask for a tissue!
4. Jacob and Luke were rough playing. They crash and Jacob immediately gets a bloody nose. His first, I might add. Blood is dripping down his shirt, all over the carpet and all over me.
5. I take the boys to get their flu shots. I get mine first to show them my brave face and that it really doesn't hurt. I sit there with a huge smile on my face and reiterate "See, it doesn't hurt." Only thinking on the inside how much I wanted to wrinkle up my nose and say OUCH!
6. You don't realize until you have a broken toe just how often your feet get stepped on.
7. And of course there is always the moment when the first bite of chicken is too hot which then gets spit out into your hand!
8. We get a sitter for Jacob and Luke and decide to go out to dinner. We take Sarah with us. She sleeps through the first part of dinner then wakes up crying. I pick her up and hold her. She then proceeds to grunt, push and out shoots a diaper full. Which then shoots out all over my pants and onto the floor. And bright yellow I might add. And yes, these were the same khaki pants that were referenced in #1. These poor pants will never be the same.
9. And by no means was #8 a solo event. This actually has happened more with Sarah than the other two combined. I have been pooped on and spit up on more than I can ever remember. That's my girl! Thank goodness for Oxi Clean!!
10. And last but certainly not least, the ball cap is my friend these days. I mean really, who has time for daily hair washes and primping in the mirror when you've got 3 small kids to keep tabs on!
Oh, motherhood! It's one dirty job, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Gotta love these messy, germ-carrying, precious, little angels! :-)