Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Ultimate Mommy Mobile

Words I thought I would never utter...I DRIVE A MINIVAN!!!

Yes, we did it! We recently bought a minivan, a Honda Odyssey. With careful thought and consideration I might add! :-) With Jacob moving up to the booster seat, he was going to have to move back to the third row in the Pilot. It became complicated...a hassle to get him in and out through the back, less room for strollers, groceries etc. Quite frankly, we were quickly running out of room. We seem to be in the car a lot going from here to there and we really wanted something more comfortable to get around in. So after months of weighing our options and convincing ourselves that the minivan was the most practical choice for our family, we purchased the ultimate mommy/family mobile!



Now, let me just add that this car has everything a mommy could ever need in a car, and then some! I could list many cool features it has but I don't want to bore you! :-) They really have thought of it all. Jacob insisted he sit in the back row and Luke was almost in tears when he thought I wasn't going to move his seat back too. It works out great and they love having their own space.


And thankfully Sarah is just along for the ride!


Although Jim refers to our new car as "The Submarine" because of it's size and length, he has admitted that "it really is a nice ride and honestly it doesn't feel like you are driving a minivan!" :-)


Although Jacob cried when we had to leave the Pilot at the dealership, (he is SOOO my child) he loves our new car. When I ask him why, he responds, "Because it's SO clean!" And my response, "And we are going to keep it this way, aren't we?!?!?" :-) I can only wish!

8 comments:

  1. Katherine, I LOVE your new Mom Mobile!! It is funny how we all have that "notion" about driving a minivan, but I tell you what! My friend Barbara has had one for a long time and I LOVE riding in it!! AND, when we were on vacation, it was the most, most, most comfortable way to transport a crowd together!! I know you are going to enjoy your new ride! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You drive a minivan!!! Ha! Just teasing. We have rented minivans on many of our family trips and you just can't beat the practicality of them when you have a large family. And yes, they come with some super fun features that would make the rest of us jealous!! I'm so glad you now have the space and comfort you need in your car, because as every Mom knows, that's where you spend most of your time! Yay for the new Webb submarine, I mean minivan! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! I too am fighting the "mommy-mobile" phenomenon. Right now, I drive the smallest Lexus SVU and just know when baby 2 comes along, I'll really wish for something roomier. We shall see... :) Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew, knew, knew it was only a matter of time. There are some things in life where function just has to win out, and this is one of them. I think all moms love to find things that can help make their day just a bit easier, and the minivan certainly seems to do that. So glad that you made the leap and are enjoying it so much!

    PS - I love the nickname - "the submarine." That is so funny! Oh, and I'm right there with Jacob crying to leave the car you love behind. You know I shed some tears over my old car, too. Kindred spirits. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackson was so amazed by the door that shut all by itself! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it. Amanda is right, sometimes we just need things that make our lives a little bit easier. I think it's a beautiful color and looks super roomy for all of your needs. Yea for the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new mommy mobile! We bought ours when the boys were 3 weeks old...has made life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice minivan. I can't believe Jacob cried! He reminds me of Jim so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the club!! We love ours, and my friend helped me understand - ONE DAY, I won't need to drive a minivan, but today I do. It's just a (fun) chapter of our lives.

    ReplyDelete