Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I thought I would share this prayer that we got from church today.

Gratitude for My Mother


Dear Lord, today I turn to you to give you thanks for my mother. With your own gift of life, she bore me in her womb and gave me life. She tenderly, patiently cared for me and taught me to walk and talk. She read to me and made me laugh. No one delighted in my successes more; no one could comfort me better in my failures. I am so grateful for how she mothered me and mentored me, and even disciplined me. Please bless her, Lord, and comfort her. Help her loving heart to continue to love and give of herself to others. Strengthen her when she is down and give her hope when she is discouraged. Most of all, Lord, on this Mother's Day, give my mother the graces she most needs and desires today. I ask you this, in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior forever and ever.

Mom, thank you for being such a special mother to me. I love you so very much!


We enjoyed the weekend with my parents. They came up Friday night. After Jacob's T-ball game Saturday morning, Mom and I went shopping for baby girl bedding on Saturday. (another post on this coming soon). Jim, my dad, Jacob and Luke went out to lunch and of course to the Bass Pro Shop. They love looking at all the fish and animals they have on display. They left after church today and we spent the rest of the day with Jim's mom, sister and family. It was a great day and I'm so thankful that I get to partake in the meaning of this day.





Belly at 26 weeks


Happy Mother's Day to you all. I'm blessed to be able to share this journey of motherhood with you girls!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a great mother's day weekend and you got to enjoy some time with your mom! Can't wait to find out what you are doing with Sarah's room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful prayer girl - thanks for sharing! The picture of you and Mom is so sweet! I'm glad you posted a new belly pic - so cute!
    Love you and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had never met your mom, I would have known that she was wonderful. I would know because of what an amazing mother you are. Your legacy will easily be found in Jacob, Luke and Sarah. I know that you are blessed to be their mother. I also know they are blessed to be your babies.

    I love sharing the journey of motherhood along side you as your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to Amanda's words! You have an incredible example as a mother and you are absolutely following her lead with your own children. Sometimes when I'm short with my kids and running out of patience, I think about how patient you are with yours and I try to take a deep breath and start over. You set such a great example for us Moms! Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! You are looking so great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine, the prayer you posted touches my heart. Your mom is so blessed by your love... I know that goes both ways. You look absolutely beautiful!!! Happy belated Mother's Day to you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete