Sunday, January 9, 2011

A First

Sarah hit a big milestone today. She had her first taste of rice cereal. And as you can see, she LOVED it!



After the first few bites, she kept putting her hands in her mouth as though she was trying to figure out what was on her tongue.


She was very eager for the next bite.


I have always been very adamant about breastfeeding exclusively for the first 6 months like I did with Jacob and Luke. However, Ms. Sarah was showing some serious signs of interest so I thought in order to not miss the window of opportunity, we should give it a try. She is 5 months and a week today. It does make mommy a little sad that she has already reached such a big milestone but I am thankful she is doing everything like she should.


I'll keep my fingers crossed that she continues to like solids and all the new tastes that are coming her way.


Gimme more, gimme more!


Finger lickin' good!


All gone!

5 comments:

  1. I am so impressed. I'm not sure I've ever seen a baby eat their first bowl of rice cereal in its entirety. I can't get over how quickly she's reaching some of her first milestones. I think she's eager to catch up to her sweet brothers! =) Not too fast, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking back at my blog the other day and saw Jackson's pictures of his first cereal. He screamed the whole time! Took him FOREVER to start to actually eat it.

    What a blessing that she enjoyed it. Stress free. I think that means she was definitely ready. She looks SO sweet eating her cereal.

    I think she is going to hit a lot of her milestones before the boys. Girls just seem to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, I am just smiling so big. That little Sarah is just a living doll. She is so sweet and seems to move through her life with a special grace and ease. A pleasure to behold. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Sarah!! I'm so glad she loved her cereal! I'm not a bit surprised because she seems to love every new thing that comes her way. I guess I can't relate to babies NOT loving cereal since both of mine never had a problem, but I know it's a relief that it went so well. Oh, and I just LOVE seeing Sarah in her sweet bow and those big blue eyes -- precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's too cute! I love how eager she is and is grabbing your hand for the spoon. What a fun experience for her and so glad it went well! Give her a kiss from Aunt Kee! :)

    ReplyDelete