Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer regional meeting

Every June, Edward Jones hosts their summer regional meeting for the financial advisors and their families. This year it was at the Lost Pines resort in Bastrop, just outside of Austin. This summer marks our 10th summer regional meeting to attend and it was by far the best location yet. We highly recommend this location if you are in need of a weekend or long weekend getaway. It has a great pool, water slide, lazy river, beach area, large kid's pool and splash pad. While Jim was at some of his meetings, I ventured down to the pool with the kids. This was the first time I took all three swimming by myself. Thank goodness for the kid's pool which was just perfect for me to manage the 3 of them.







Once Jim joined us at the pool we enjoyed the rest of the pool area. In addition to the pool, they have daily activities for the whole family to enjoy. For example, horse drawn wagon rides, petting zoo, volleyball, cookie decorating, branding lessons, worm digging, golf course, horse back riding, bike rentals to name a few. Every night from 8-10, it was s'more making time. And you know the boys were in heaven.











Having a picnic lunch on the balcony.


All in all it was a great weekend. The boys had a blast, they absolutely love staying in a hotel. All the little things they love crack me up. Getting to walk/run down the long hallways, pushing the elevator buttons, opening the room door with the card, it's all the little things they love. We enjoyed a nice weekend away and I have a feeling we will be back here one day!

5 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a great time at the meeting! That location sounds so neat - how great that they had so many fun activities for the kids. I like your idea of us all going there one day.

    Super cute dress one day - where did you get it?? -Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine you are so very brave taking all three of them to the pool at once! You go, Momma!! So glad your family had such a nice weekend together! Yea, for fun times! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect place for a family weekend. I'm so glad you guys got to get away from the day to day around here. I would have loved to join you guys for s'mores. And I'm sure Jackson would have eaten the leftovers on the ground. Haha!

    The family pic is great. You guys look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resort is officially on my list of places to visit. How great that Edward Jones had their meeting at a place that was so kid-friendly! And I am soooo impressed that you took all three kids to the pool at once. I don't even know if I could do that with two right now! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am super impressed by you taking all 3 little ones to the pool by yourself! I know how stressful that can be, believe me. The resort looks amazing! I think it's so neat that Jim works for such a family-oriented company that caters to the needs of everyone. Awesome! And I love how they choose such neat places for the meetings each summer. I keep hearing about all these different resorts throughout Texas and now I'll be able to count on you to give me the scoop! So glad you had a nice little family getaway!

    ReplyDelete