Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween Headquarters

I don't know about you all, but we've been in the Halloween mood around here. Buying Halloween costumes, decorating the house, making crafts, watching Halloween cartoons and of course eating lots of candy already! :) It's been more fun this year since Jacob is more "into it".

I recently decided I needed to start doing more creative things with Jacob at home. And what better time to start than now with all the upcoming holidays. So I officially declared Luke's nap time=Jacob's craft time. Here are a few of our Halloween crafts...

Hard at work on a foam haunted house


Finished product (with lots of help from mom)


Painting a pumpkin


Finished product- we made one for Luke too so he wouldn't be left out. And as you can see he wanted no part of the picture taking.


We made a spider as a door hanger




We made lollipops into ghosts


Happy Fall- there's a smile from my sweet boy!










We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet but have plans to go soon! More pictures to come...

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love all of the Halloween crafts! I can't wait until Alex is old enough to do them! We did do one little craft with him where we made "ghosts" out of his foot print. It turned out pretty cute, but he got fed up with it toward the end.

    Looks like Jacob had a blast. And it was sweet of him to do an extra pumpkin for Luke. I can't wait to see the pumpkin patch pictures. You know those are my favorite. Don't forget to post the previous years pictures, too. I love to see the comparison for how much they've grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea with the craft time! I bet Jacob loves doing that stuff with you too! Good job with the ideas - so creative!! Happy early Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! There is some SERIOUS work going on getting ready for Halloween!! Cute! Cute! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your craftiness! I'm feeling motivated now to do some halloween crafts with Stella! Where did you find your craft ideas? I think I need to run to Micheal's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great mama you are! Maybe if I stay home next year we can get together to do some crafts with the kids!!!

    CANNOT wait for the pumpkin patch pictures and your pics from years past. Always my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at fun activities with the boys! I know Jacob is loving his arts/crafts with Mom. And yes, Halloween is all the talk around our house these days too. Can't wait to see pumpkin patch and costume pics!

    ReplyDelete