Monday, September 13, 2010

Six week update

Believe it or not, our sweet baby girl is 6 weeks old today. She is growing like a weed and couldn't be any sweeter. Here is what Sarah is doing these days...

*She is making great eye contact and is very engaged when we talk to her. She seems to recognize our voices.
*She is trying so hard to talk to us. She has been cooing a little when we talk to her and I can't wait for her to do it more.
*She is smiling ALOT! It's hard to capture these little moments on camera but they are SO sweet.


*She does tummy time almost every day. She doesn't last long but we at least try it.


*She is able to hold her head up for longer periods of time.

*Her eyes seem to be turning a lighter shade of blue.

*Her little cheeks are getting more full and she is getting a little more brown hair.






She continues to bring us much joy. Jacob and Luke are still enjoying their sister. It has somehow become quite the competition between the two of them. To see who can give her the pacifier first, or who can sit the closest to me/her when I am feeding her on the couch, or who can get the burp cloth if she spits up etc. It is too funny.

Luke is very attentive to her. He loves telling me if she is awake in her bed "momma, baby eyes open" and he says all day long "I see baby, I see baby" which means he wants to see her up close and usually gives her kisses. We are still pleasantly surprised at Luke's reaction to her and we have really enjoyed watching them settle into their big brother roles!

5 comments:

  1. Time flies so quickly. It is hard to believe that Sarah is already six weeks old. She is so beautiful and there is nothing like waiting on a coo or a smile and then that magical moment when they make that soft, sweet sound or curl the corners of their little mouths up... it always seems to reach their eyes, too. Ahhhh... Precious times. It is wonderful how the boys are taking their roles as big brothers so well! She's a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, sweet little Sarah! She is too sweet! She is making some good progress for sure! I was very impressed this weekend with how sweet the boys are with her. Especially when we were in your room and we heard Luke yelling to Jim outside "Dada!!! Baby eyes open!!!" I love the way he always walks up to her and says "Hiiii, Baby!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 weeks?? Wow, time flies! And yes, I can see how Sarah is filling out already. She is such a DOLL!! The sweet coos and smiles are the BEST!! Make sure you take some video, because she'll be all grown up before you know it! She is so lucky to have such attentive brothers. There's just something about big brothers that makes them so loving and protective and it's such a joy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm a little jealous of the smiles you guys are getting. Ryan hasn't given me one yet and I've tried really hard! I'm so excited that the boys are loving her so much. I just think that's so precious. I know they are going to be great big brothers and are going to be protective of her. It would be great to have two big brothers to watch over you! Jackson is still warming up to Ryan, but he's getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to swoop her up in my arms and give her all the hugs and kisses she will stand! Those tiny baby smiles are the best, aren't they? Coming in short spurts and who knows what will trigger it? Six weeks has come and gone in a flash. Why does it happen like that? I hope you're getting to cherish the little moments here and there - I know things are busy. Sounds like the boys are soaking it all in, and that just delights my heart, too. =)

    ReplyDelete