Wednesday, April 21, 2010

...and the greatest of these is Love

Nine years ago today, I married my one and only, my best friend and my life long companion.


The last nine years have been the best years of my life. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the blessings in our life. We have been blessed with so much...a wonderful marriage, 2 beautiful healthy boys and a third on the way. We just moved into our dream home, are able to take wonderful vacations because of Jim's hard work, I am able to stay at home with the kids, once again because of Jim's hard work, wonderful family and friends that make our life complete and the peace of knowing that God is in control of our life and we are here to follow his plan. So many good things in our life that we are SO thankful for and don't take for granted.

Saturday, April 24 will be 12 years since our first date. Oh how the years go by. I remember our first date so clearly. We went to dinner at Tia's in Denton and then went to the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival and spent the rest of the evening outside on a beautiful Spring night just talking. It was the beginning of "us" and I have such fond memories of that night and the months and years to follow. I am blessed, indeed with a wonderful, Godly man. I love you babe and I look forward to what the years ahead have in store for us.

4 comments:

  1. I woke up thinking about you guys and what a special day this was nine years ago. Your love for one another is such a sweet example to your babies and to those around you. I would agree that you are both blessed indeed. And so are those of us who know you. I love you both, and I look forward to being able to celebrate a lifetime of anniversaries with you. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, that is such a sweet tribute to yours and Jim's life together! You both truly are blessed with the love you share, your beautiful babies, and the wonderful home life you have built together. Those of us that have known you for decades (yikes!) couldn't have hand-picked a better match for you in Jim, and it has been such an honor to watch you guys fall and stay in love over the years. Congrats on an incredible 9 years, and here's to many many more!

    PS - That recent pic of you guys is great! Definitely a framer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, I loved hearing about your first date and the beautiful way you describe your relationship with Jim. You are both very blessed indeed. It is an honor to bear witness to such love and such a wonderful young family. Happy, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile so big. I love that I have been able to be a part of your relationship from the beginning. You guys are a perfect match and I'm so thankful that God has blessed you so richly. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you and Jim for parents!

    ReplyDelete